Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Edward Elric

Ed: "DON'T CALL ME LITTLE!"

It surprises me how often in shows, books, or movies, the main character is not my favourite. It's usually one of the supporting cast--the sidekick, the funny best friend, the evil-guy-turned-good--that draws me.

Well, not so with Fullmetal Alchemist!!

Ed's my guy. He's hilarious. He's the most talented alchemist in the land (and he's a kid), and he doesn't let it go to his head (well, ok, a lot of times he does--but not when it matters!). He's short and he's not afraid to tell you he hates it. In fact, he'll turn even more cartoony with wide glaring eyes and pound you to the ground if you tell him so.

But most importantly, he's got heart. He cares about his friends. He would sacrifice himself for his brother. He'll give up at nothing to save the day, even against impossible odds.

He's the kind of guy I want on my team when fighting the world's end.

Shout out to blogger buddy E: For Ellie Garratt because she wants to date Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and got to meet William Shatner.

11 comments:

  1. I've seen some FMA, but not enough to really talk about it. My wife and my oldest kids enjoy the show, and could probably talk to you for hours about Edward Elric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Ellie!
    Sorry, I've never watched that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Ed! Okay, so really I'm a Roy Mustang kind of girl, but Ed's a very close second on the list. Great choice ^_^
    ____
    Find me:
    Blog: http://allysonlindt.com
    email: Allyson.Lindt@gmail.com
    Twitter: @AllysonLindt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost had a heart attack when I read your first line, I actually thought you didn't like Ed! Crazy, I know.
    I got super excited when I saw your topic for today, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed is a great character. I think what makes him so compelling is that right from the beginning he has strong motivations that you can't help but sympathize with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with FMA, but you've certainly piqued my interest.

    Love your theme--I'm counting on you to help fill my knowledge gaps when it comes to sci-fi/fantasy characters. Well, not *all* the gaps, because they are rather numerous. Just 26 of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this particular show, but I am a Doctor Who fan. Great way to meet this challenge!

    New follower here. I'm stopping by on the "A to Z" and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never seen the show. I know...my loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ed's great, but Roy Mustang is my man. I did one of those "Who's Your Anime Date?" games and sure enough, I got Roy! Still, Ed is to be respected as one of the strongest heroes in anime/manga.

    Happy A-Z!

    http://lillian888.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it bad that my first thought on seeing that image was "Oh cool, Yu Gi Oh"? I am ashamed :( Not seen any FMA, but I've been told by several people that I have to.

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete