Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for Kamajii

Lin: "What's going on here?"
Kamajii: "Something you wouldn't recognize. It's called love."


Spirited Away is the weirdest and best anime movie that I know of. It is about a girl named Chihiro who gets trapped in a strange land of spirits after her parents are turned into pigs (yes, it sounds odd. Watch it anyway. You won't regret it).

At the beginning, she's scared and alone, and one of the first things she has to do to survive is convince the "boiler man" Kamajii to give her a job. Kamajii is a creepy-looking character with many arms, and snaps at her to go away, but stubborn Chihiro stands her ground.

In the end we discover he is actually a warm-hearted sucker, and he helps her out.

Shout out to blogger buddy K: Ciara Knight is a lovely author whose Neumarian Chronicles are on my to-read list.

6 comments:

  1. It was a really good movie.
    And you will enjoy Ciara's books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching this in college. It's definitely strange, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this movie, and Kamajii - now that I think about it, it's been too long since I saw it. Time for a rewatch ^_^
    ____
    Find me:
    Blog: http://allysonlindt.com
    email: Allyson.Lindt@gmail.com
    Twitter: @AllysonLindt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about it being weird...but enjoyable nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favourite movies. Have you seen Kiki's Delivery Service? It's another Miyazaki film which is dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a weird habit of falling asleep in every Ghibli movie I see, so I don't know if I've actually seen Spirited Away all the way through ...

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete